Hong on the Range is a "cyberwestern" and a parody of westerns at the same time, incorporating the Hugo and Nebula finalist short story, "Hong's Bluff."
"Wong's Lost and Found Emporium," a finalist for the Hugo, Nebula, and World Fantasy Awards, leads off this collection of contemporary fantasy stories.
Bill donated his comic book collection of Asian and Asian American characters to the Fales Library and Special Collections at NYU.
This reprint anthology from the unique magazine features Bill's "On a Phantom Tide," an exploit in his novel "A Temple of Forgotten Spirits."
into the Twilight Zone
Bill has had two forays into the Twilight Zone, many years apart—one on TV, one in print.
Bill is quoted a number of times in the new book All of the Marvels, by Douglas Wolk, about the history of Marvel Comics. Bill answers questions about Master of Kung-Fu, the comic book in the '70s and '80s in which he became known for an ongoing correspondence with writer Doug Moench.
For All the Marvels:
For an interview with Douglas Wolk:
For Bill's story "Jade Blossom's Brew" in Texas Hold'em:
San Antonio is host to the nation's top high school jazz competition, and the joker kids at Xavier Desmond High are excited to outplay
their rivals. Many people don't like their strange abilities and appearances. And diva ace Jade Blossom resents having to be there!
Bill enthusiastically recommends the
blog written by
Lynette M. Burrows, author and a long-time friend. She has almost 600 entries, with her main topics listed at right.
Blog categories at the website of Lynette M. Burrows:
1. About me & my writing journey which includes character reveals, cover reveals, sneak peeks, and things that inspired my stories.
2. Inspiration & Motivation & Empowerment including creativity, heroes and heroines, strong women (from history and current), and self-care.
3. Music — songs that inspire me or I think might inspire my readers.
4. People & Customs.
5. Reading—reviews and First Lines Fridays (the first Friday of every month I post first lines I find appealing to encourage people to buy books.)
6. Future Science Fact & Technology — and the ethics of the decisions/changes.
7. Writing—how-tos and discussions of writing in general.